You can follow me at http://pinterest.com/1mama/
Here are some of my new favorite things to make fabric softener, eye cream and face powder. I made all of these yeasterday morning in under 45 minutes. Since the main ingredients in all of them are things that I have on hand such as coconut oil and vinegar, I was able to keep my cost down to $4.32 for all three!!!!
Super Easy & Super Fast!!!
The first thing on the to do list was homemade fabric softener. This is where the wonderful, easy recipe came from http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/rebeccas-rosemary-mint-fabric-softener.html
For my conditioner I chose a cheap knock that had a waterfall scent from Wal Mart for .94 cents. I mixed up a pot of this in under 10 minutes. After it cooled I stored it in a gallon water jug, it makes approximately 2 quarts.
The next to do, eye cream. Here is the link to to the original recipe http://ramblingsofahappyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/11/skin-care-series-eye-cream.html
Melt some coconut oil and add some vitamin E ( I got a small jar of vitamin capsules at Wal Mart for .88 cents), let it cool in the fridge when your done, and then you can kiss your expensive eye creams goodbye. Total time 15 minutes. I stored mine in a used sample container from Lush and a used spice jar.Last on the list was face powder. I love face powder but when I first saw this recipe
http://www.greatoakcircle.com/homemade-natural-makeup-translucent-powder
I was a little skeptical but it works it really, really does.
Of the three items I made this had the most expensive ingredient which was the french clay,
I bought it at my local Whole Foods for 2.50 for about 4 ounces.
The original recipe stores it in a spice jar and I did the same. It worked perfectly, one part of cornstarch, one part french clay and add a pinch of cocoa for some bronze coloring. It looks really white in my picture, oops! I think this took about 5 minutes to make.
I spent the last ten minutes cleaning up. I love that I was able to make all of these things that I needed and started using the same day. But the best part of it, only spending $4.32!!
Give it a try, when you have a few extra minutes.......


No comments:
Post a Comment