Friday, June 24, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Wonder found in a broken heart



Thanks to the Gypsy Mama Five minute Friday for the inspiration. The word she gave for today was Wonder.
Go.
June 24, 2011 marks 15 years ago that my four month old daughter, Alicyia Maryah died in her sleep from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
In the years since her passing I have found the Wonder in the presence of God comforting my broken heart, I have found Wonder in the littlest things day after day.
Her short presence touched my life with Wonder- because I now know that every day, ever moment that passes is a gift that you will only get to open once, so I treasure it,I hold the sunsets and raindrops closer to my heart and this has opened my eyes to the true Wonder of life.
In Memory of Alicyia Maryah February 11, 1996- June 24,1996
Stop.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. My heart aches for you. May the Lord hold you so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was really beautiful. thank you for sharing your heart and hurt. thank you for the reminder of the "wonder of life". glad i stopped by from 5 minute friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that she passed away. I feel you. We sometimes know the value of stuff when they are gone.

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete