
Today we did toddler finger painting! So fun and so easy. This recipe is completely natural, and if you have the organic version of the items you needed, well that's even more wonderful. But I do have to warn you that my little guy thought it kind of tasted a little yummy.
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix them together in a bowl and then slowly 2 cups cold water
- Then pour into medium sized pot, cook over medium heat for about 5 min until it becomes gel like
- separate into glass containers(I avoid putting hot things into plastic) to cool
- I then added frozen blueberries and raspberries for color and the frozen berries help it to cool down faster
- Of course do not give to your toddler until it is a safe temperature
You can use things for color such as frozen strawberries, juices and spices that are child friendly. This provides a wonderful, messy, sensory experience for your toddler, even if not much actually gets on the paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment